We’re often (very often in fact) asked about our experience and our results. From time to time, we create case studies of the challenges clients face and how we work together to create solutions. You’ll find a sampling of case studies on this page, organized by service type — from Business Development to Media Training.
Business Development Coaching, Training and Consulting
- An AmLaw 100 firm’s CMO made a strategic decision to shift a larger portion of its efforts toward business development. The firm tapped Extreme Marketing to create a program for more than 35 of its marketing and business development professionals. This custom interactive training program included a module on advanced facilitation skills, the “ins and outs” of individual partner coaching and how to structure meetings with partners and practice groups. The program was designed to assist internal staff enhance their consultative skills, get closer and expand existing client relationships and target, court and convert prospects into clients.
- An AmLaw 200 firm retained Extreme Marketing to develop a customized scenario-based training Program. We developed a fictitious RFP using the history and corporate information from an actual firm client. The partners spent a full day preparing for the pitch and worked in teams. Each team had a senior partner who portrayed the role of company’s “General Counsel”. The partners used research, interviewing skills, questions from our service-marked Market Penetration Research program and feedback from the EM principals to prepare, deliver and then critique their pitches.
- Working with a specific practice group of a law firm we created a custom program to get in front of the decision makers at an industry conference in meaningful ways. We were able to secure over 2/3 of the conference attendees to come to our booth and then participate in a custom interactive activity. The partners had individual conversations with over 20% of the attendees. We turned a conference sponsorship into a business development opportunity. Two of the partners presented sessions; each one having a specific plan to get attendees to attend their presentation, created a strategy to get the personal contact information from interested session attendees, and then set up face-to-face follow up meetings with the most coveted prospects.
- Over a two-year time frame we coached an Am Law 200 firm partner, helping her more than double her $1 million book of business. We worked closely not only with the partner but with members of her practice group and the firm’s marketing team. The key to her success was in helping her create specific and measurable business development goals, organizing her over-all use of time, narrowing her focus in her selected industries and raising her profile/visibility within the firm.
Extreme Marketing was tapped by the Legal Marketing Association to present a session to its board and chapter presidents on Advanced Facilitation Skills. After Extreme presented the theory and practice of great facilitation, participants broke into groups to practice their facilitation skills — including how to successfully deal with difficult people.
Presentation Skills Training
A large law firm retained Extreme to train a group of partners in Presentation Skills. The idea was to make each presentation more interactive and engaging, increasing the participants’ retention of the content and to make the presentation and partner more memorable. When Extreme provides Presentation Skills programs, we often turn speaking opportunities into business development experiences by designing custom programs for the firm to market to the group before the speaking engagement, during the presentation and afterwards.
Client Feedback Training
- Working with an AmLaw 100 firm we trained a group of senior partners, including the managing partner and select members of the firm’s marketing staff in how to create and then implement a Client Services Program. We conducted Client Interviews with key clients along with members of this team to turn the theory of this program in a highly functioning results-driven program.
- Working with a litigation boutique, we create a train-the-trainer program to structure their Client Feedback program and providing training on how to create effective client feedback interviews.
- For a consulting firm, we created and implemented their first-ever Client Feedback program. We worked with the firm’s managing partner to conduct client interview of their Fortune 500 clientele, create reports and communicate the results to other firm partners.
- Working with the corporate legal department of this Fortune 500 Company, we conducted 23 Client Feedback Interviews with senior executives. We analyzed the results and presented them at the legal department retreat. Everyone on the legal team took an I-SPEAK Personality Assessment. We created a strong team bonding experience by applying the principles of the I-SPEAK model to the members of the entire legal team and its corporate executives.
- Working with the Management Team of this Am Law 200 firm, we conducted a thorough analysis of its business goals and partners’ marketing preferences. We applied the results of this effort into a productive restructuring of its marketing and business development department.
- For a litigation boutique, we helped develop their first-ever marketing and business development plan which included required partner-level plans on annual basis. We consulted with the firm on chage process management as part of the program’s implementation.
- Taking this large services firm through the brand development process created a united front among the partners and a positive direction for all marketing and business development efforts. We worked with a committee composed of firm partners, several associates and a few firm administrators. We identified the firm’s unique brand essence, created a strong identifying positioning line, applied the brand franchise to all of its marketing and business development efforts and worked with a design firm to create custom graphics to bring it all to life.
- We designed and presented a custom session on How to Create Your Personal Brand. Participants included several hundred senior-level partners and judges who all learned about what their personal brand is and how that brand can affect their job, raise their visibility and create opportunities for the future.
- For one of the world’s largest financial exchanges, we created a director -level training program. The focus is consistent messaging across geographies and product categories for presentations, print, radio and TV media.
- For a family owned chemical manufacturing plant, we provided media and crisis training for all C-level staff. The training included a real-life plant explosion scenario, situation updates and opportunties to talk to print, radio and TV media in multiple scenarios including a press conference .
- Situation-specific issues management counsel to a Fortune 500 manufacturer regarding a plant closing potential crisis.
- Provided annual communications, message development, and media training for the incoming President of one of America’s most beloved national trade associations. Training includes role play opportunities for print and electronic media including split – screen satellite.
- Provided media and crisis training for thousands of doctors and health care professionals in both large and small group settings. Focus on how to communicate complex medical information in ways that connect with target audiences.
- For one of the country’s most prestigious research laboratories, we provided media and communications training for hundreds of scientists. Our work assisted these individuals in more effectively communicating complicated scientific concepts in meaningful, understandable ways.